He graduated from the Faculty of Philosophy UPJŠ in Prešov (1979) and special studies on The Academy of Fine Arts in Prague (1989).
Since 1993 he has run Andrej Smolak Gallery in Snina and since 1998 also in Bratislava.
- He is a laureate of many awards for his artwork: Franz Kafka European Prize (1998), European Union of Arts Prize (2002), World Prize of Salvador Dalí (2003)
- He is a member of The International Academy of Culture and Art in Moscow and he is the director of its branch in Slovakia
- He is a founder of The International Fine Art Festival in Snina, which has been held every year since 1994
- He established Private Elementary Art School in Snina in 2004
- in order to support fine arts he has been in the lead of ART.EAST FOUNDATION since 1998
- He had implemented several international projects supported by the European Union Funds and by the Norwegian Financial Mechanism
- He is an author of the worldwide cultural project – Painted Equator Gallery
Pictures for sale: